I saw this article titled ‘The Amazon Effect And How Retailers Can Slay The Beast‘.
Being curious on how small brands can compete with a billion dollar business I read on.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Have compelling product pages. Pages that are exciting to look at and add to the experience of buying from your online store.
- Help visitors buy the right product by getting them to do a quiz that ID’s the product that best fits their needs or desires.
- Have video explanations that allows people to see the product in action, what it looks like, unboxing videos etc.
- Send out regular newsletters that aren’t dry, boring or sterile. Instead make them fun and something people look forward to opening.
- Have limited edition products, even offering certain products for a narrow window of time (like just for 48 hours for example).
If you’re an e-commerce brand, or do the marketing for an e-commerce brand consider applying these recommendations 🙂