Here are some interesting things I learnt about Facebook after reading this article.
- They bought Instagram for $1 billion (that’s 1 million stacks of $1 million) as Instagram had captured the youth market. If Facebook failed to capture the youth market, within a decade they would have died as a company.
- Facebook looks 30 years into the future when it makes its decisions.
- Facebook has a policy that is “If we don’t create the thing that kills Facebook, someone else will”
- These policies explain why they offered to buy Snapchat for $3 billion. Snapchat was the new player dominating the youth market.
- When Snapchat refused the offer Facebook went into overdrive replicating one of Snapchat’s core features and implementing it across Facebook, Instagram and What’sApp.